Thursday, January 3, 2013

Homemade Butterfingers

I love butterfingers candy, but in Barbados, we can't get them.. I have no idea why.  Sooo I went searching and this is what I found.  I haven't made it yet, but.. I will..   honest.. 

HOMEMADE BUTTERFINGERS BARS

Ingredients

  • 1 Cup peanut butter 
  • 1/3 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup water
  • Melted milk chocolate

How to make it

  • Cook syrup, sugar, and water to 310 F. Remove from heat.
  • Stir in warmed peanut butter (warm slightly in microwave)
  • until well blended. Pour into a greased (buttered) 8" X 8" pan.
  • Score mixture into desired size bars.
  • When COMPLETELY cool, dip in melted milk chocolate
  • (use a double boiler to SLOWLY melt) and set on wax paper
  • until chocolate has hardened.
So from everything I've read in the reviews, you have to make sure that you score the mixture very very quickly, or it will hardened to fast to really make good bars.. (ok, so just break it apart into little bits, mix it with the chocolate.. what's the problem..   I'll report back when it's done.

No comments: