Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kingfish Pate

it's been 2 and 1/2 years since I wrote on this blog. thought I'd start again.  when I do something great in the Kitchen.. I'm going to Blog it down.. so I will not forget it.

So Today I had an AWC meeting and needed to take something for lunch.  Thinking that the other person who signed up for Fish was going to bring fried.. I decided to do a baked fish of some sort.  As we have a fishing boat (commercial), I thought I could just pull the right fish out of my freezer.. but.. instead.. I ended up with Kingfish.. Scrap the original recipe (Dijon Crusted Fish).. and had to make shift lunch. 

So.. I cleaned the Kingfish, put it in some Lime and Salt (Barbadian way of "taking the rawness" out of the fish), let it sit for 15min or so, then washed that off.. and dried with a paper towel.  I cut the fish into small thin rounds.  My hubby says that Kingfish can be dry, so I smeared Garlic Butter on the bottom of a glass dish and laid the pieces out.  I finished the first layer.. dotted the fish with more butter and added the second layer.  dotted even more Garlic Butter and added a little olive oil (remember dry fish.).  Seasoned with a Vegetable OXO Cube and seasoned with some pepper (no salt as it already had a salt bath earlier, with the lime). and added some onions to the top.  covered with foil popped it into a 350degree oven for about 30 - 40 min.  Took the foil off and let it bake a few more minutes.

Lovely lunch.. All the ladies enjoyed the fish.. 

in looking for something to have for dinner this evening, I pulled the fish out of the fridge and did the following.

1 small purple onion - chopped up
a few pieces of the kingfish - maybe or 3 cups once it's finally chopped.
3/4 cup mayo approx
little black pepper
pinch of salt.

Cut up the fish and onion finely with a sharp knife..  Kingfish can be a little tough, but doing this makes it much better to eat.  mixed all the ingredients. .. Served spread on a nice Rosemary Triscut..  Lovely.










 

No comments: