Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Red Lobster copycat Chedder Bay Biscuits - My Version

Really Really Great. We go to Red Lobster several times during our trips to NC and always leave with a big bag of these biscuits. I've found several recipes on the net and have come up with this one on my own.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Like Red Lobster's®Garlic and cheddar make a flavorful addition to basic drop biscuits.

Serves: 8 Prep. Time: 0:15min or less

2 cups Bisquick baking mix (or any other brand)
2/3 cup milk - low fat is what I use
1/2 cup shredded sharp chedder cheese (I used the Cabot white sharp)
1/4 cup butter OR margarine - melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
parsley flakes - optional

Combine Bisquick, milk, and cheddar and beat with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.

Spoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.

Bake in 450 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes.

Combine butter and garlic powder and pour over hot biscuits; sprinkle with parsley.

I've learned that Red Lobster uses special backing mixes and other items which make there version taste so good.. but these are pretty darn close.

No comments: